Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Going Past The 3 Month Mark

When I started this 18 month long treatment, the doctor said that at about 3 month mark they would have to evaluate my progress to whether or not to continue with the treatment or go on to something else. Well I am pleased to say that I made it past the 3 months and this month will be my 6 month of treatment (give or take). According to my test results my SI joints look really good, which means the chemo is working. I still am having challenges with pain, swelling, and stiffness in my joints and still have difficulty walking. I am working and fighting very hard each day to get better and get back to having a normal life. I still have about a year left of treatment, and I am planning to get through it will all the strength I possibly have. I know that I could not have gotten this far without the support of God, my family, friends, and my medical team. I know that each day is a new day and I am thankful that God has allowed me to be able to continue to live each day to the fullest. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment