Friday, May 18, 2012

The Importance Of Friends

The past two weeks I Have gotten together a couple of times with a very good friend of mine that I have known since second grade. We have gotten to catch up (he goes to school at UT in Arlington), and last Sunday we were out until about 1 o'clock in the morning after having coffee and seeing a movie. He is just one of the friends that I have that has been there for me since I got sick, and has even defended me to other people who didn't know why I had to leave school. Having friends and family as a support system is extremely important when you have a chronic illness. The friends that I have are very understanding of my condition, and see me as more than just a sick person. They don't treat me any different as they do there other friends, but they also help me when I need it they sometimes help me push my wheelchair and things like that. Since most and soon to all of my friends have moved away for college, I mostly get to talk to them through Facebook, texting, and on the phone. But even though I don't get to see them frequently (except on breaks and over the summer) they are still there for me. I thank God for the friends that I have. They are so wonderful and amazing. In my situation I have to be very careful of choosing friends. One of the main thing that I love about my friends is that when I'm with them they make me feel as though I'm not sick. They ask me how I'm doing but they don't obsess or constantly talk about my illness, if I bring it up or want to tell them something about my treatment there open ears. I think having good friends is an important thing in life whether you have an illness or not. Knowing that you have friends that are there for you, make you laugh, and listen to your problems is something that is special and precious. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment