Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day, a special day in which we honor our mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and all the motherly figures in our lives. This Mother's Day was low key for our family. We went to church, had breakfast at our usual restaurant where I gave my mom and grandmother handmade cards, and then we had a wonderful dinner later in the day at my great great Aunt Martha's house, where my grandfather barbecued some delicious ribs. I am so pleased that I was able to have a day in which to honor my mother and grandmother. They are the backbones of my life. Not only have they taken care of me during this roller coaster of an illness, but they provide encouragement, love, and wisdom. I am so blessed to have them in my life. They are their for me no matter what, even when I can be not so pleasant to be around. 

I was thinking about how our mother's deserve to be treated as though it is Mother's Day, every day of the year. I don't mean giving gifts and cooking nice dinners (though I'm sure they would love that). I mean we should tell them and show them with our actions daily, how much we love and appreciate all that they do for us. I hope my mom, and grandmother, and all the mother's out their had a relaxing, blessed, and joy filled Mother's Day. We would not be who we are, without all that you do for us. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment