Thursday, November 28, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Today is thanksgiving, a day when remember all that we have to be thankful for, and all of the blessings the Lord has given us. We also remember the first Thanksgiving when the pilgrims shared meal with Native Americans, putting aside their differences and bringing to cultures together to celebrate what they were thankful for. Even though my family and I have dealt with many challenges, we have so much to be thankful for. God has provided and blessed me and my family in more ways than one. Not just with the "basic" necessities (food, clothing, shelter and water), but he has blessed us with each other, our church r, and me with my wonderful friends. There are many who do not have a family, for a variety of reasons, to spend this joyous day with, or who have a  family filled with strife and dysfunction. I am so thankful for my family, they have been with me through this roller coaster of a journey, have supported and encouraged me, and have given me so much love, and provided for me all that I need. We may fight at times as all families do, but the laughter we share, and the love we have for each other is in such abundance that I can't really put it into words. I am also so thankful for my friends (many of whom I consider family) and my church family. When you are dealing with a chronic/life-threatening illness, you see who your true friends are. I have been blessed with friends who are caring, supportive, encouraging, willing to hear me vent, give me good advice, and when I'm with them make me forget that I'm sick and feel like a normal twenty year old. My church family, many of whom I have known since I was three or four years old, have been there not just for me, butt for my family as well. They have helped me to grow in my faith, and provided the support and encouragement to help me deal with some of the more challenging parts of this journey.

For me this holiday definitely has a spiritual and faith filled meaning and component. It reminds me that all that I have to be thankful for comes from God. He has provided all of the blessings and gifts that my family and I have. For me at least, He is at the core of what Thanksgiving is about. 1 Chronicles 16:8 says, "Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people." This scripture verse helps me to remember to give thanks to God for all that I have, and to share his love and blessings with those around me.

I want to say to all who read this blog, that I am thankful for each of view. You have given me support, advice, and encouragement, and have shown how much you care by taking time out of your busy lives to read my blog. I hope you all have a joyous and blessed Thanksgiving. Let us all remember what we have to be thankful for, not just today but everyday.


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment