Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Is Here

Spring is here, the season of growth and things anew. I always thought that spring was the perfect season to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Outside flowers are blooming, butterflies are coming out of their chrysalis's, babies, kittens, ducks, and chicks are being born. And many use this time of year to do a little"spring cleaning", purging items, and tidying things up. For me, spring is a time that I like to use to grow in my faith, and my relationship with Christ. I like to try and devote more time to reading more scripture, and other religious type articles and such. I find it very beneficial to do periodic refreshers of my face, at different times of the year, usually new year's, the beginning  of spring, and around the time school starts. I think its very beneficial, because it helps one to not get stagnant in their faith lives.

I also find spring season to be very cheerful and happy. You have days when the sun is shining, and you can be outside when its not an inferno, and enjoy the beautiful flowers, and the sound of the birds. On the rainy days, it is also soothing, because to me, the sound of rain is just so relaxing and something that I enjoy falling to sleep to.

When thinking about spring symbolizing things that are new, I came across 2 Corinthians 5:17 which says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." I think that this scripture verse is perfect for the spring the season, as well as for Easter having just passed. This verse encourages me to continue with my "spring faith cleaning." It reminds me that when I devote my life to Christ and follow Him, that the old is gone, and the new has arrived. I hope we can all take some time during this beautiful season, and our "spring cleaning", that we can do the same with our relationship with the Lord. How much, and what we choose to do, is between us and the Lord. We can also be one of the many things that grows and becomes new during this beautiful season.

HAPPY SPRING!!!!




PS: For those wondering, my MRI this past Tuesday went well. We were all pleased that I did not have any reactions to the general anesthesia like last time (the doctors gave me extra fluids and anti-nausea meds, which helped tremendously). I also think not taking my Cell-Cept (oral chemo) the night and morning of the procedure also helped. The staff at Dell Children's was wonderful, as always, and since I know all of the nurses and anesthesiologists, that makes it easier. I have to be put under general anesthesia for MRI's and other procedures, because I get muscle twitches which makes it very hard to do the procedures. I see Dr. Carrasco very soon, and should get the results then, and should have more info. My next blog will be an update about that appointment.




Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment