Sunday, June 15, 2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Today is Father's Day in which we celebrate our fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and any other father figures in our life. In many ways fathers are just as important as mothers. There role is to care for his household, show how to treat wisdom, an many other things. My parents divorced when I was two years old, and I have lived primarily with my grandparents since then, and my grandfather has been more than a grandfather, and really my father. I even find myself calling him Dad or Daddy sometimes. He has done so much more for me than most grandfathers, and even more than some father's, especially since I have gotten sick. He has given up his retirement years to continue working to provide of me, and has taken me all across the country by himself to see physicians to help me. He has taught me valuable life lessons, and given me so much love and support. Even though we fight sometimes, our love always wins. I am just so very blessed to have him as a grandfather, and that God chose me to be his granddaughter. 

Psalm 78:3 says, "Which we have heard and known, and our father's have told us." When I first read this verse I really felt that it fit my grandfather, because many of the the I know and have been told have come from him. I hope that today we are able to celebrate our father's, whether with us or in heaven, or any father figure, as they are truly blessings from the Lord. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

NOTE: A LOT OF NEW MEDICAL STUFF HAS HAPPENED THIS PAST WEEK, BUT I WILL  GIVE MORE INFO IN MY NEXT/NEXT WEEKS POST.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment