Sunday, June 8, 2014

Eye Not Feeling Well

Eye twitchingOn Thursday afternoon I woke up from my nap with my eye hurting. At first I didn't think much of it, and thought that something was in my eye. After dinner I went to look at it, and I noticed there was some gunk, and it looked maybe a tad red. I had my grandfather look at it and he said it was blood shot red and said that I either had a corneal abrasion or an infection. My grandmother looked at it and thought I should try to get into the after-hours clinic. Now, I usually don't go to the after-hours clinic, because with my medical stuff being so complicated the doctors there are intimidated by the complexity of my case, or they don't listen to me and my mom or grandmother about what we say is going on (since we have been through the rodeo before), and they say its just a virus, or allergies (which I've had 3 immunologists tell me I don't have) etc., and then I end back at the doctors 2 or 3 days later with walking pneumonia or something more serious. Same thing when I go to the  ER, and they usually admit me. But knowing me, we were afraid if I didn't get seen that night I would wake up with my eye really swollen, and who knows what else.


I called the after-hours clinic and told them what I thought was going on, that I am immunocompromised and that I needed to be seen because I really didn't want to go to the ER. They said they were 100% booked but she said that I should to talk to a nurse. After being on hold for what seemed like forever, I repeated the story to the nurse, and she says you need to be seen, and even though they were booked she was going to speak with the supervising doctor to try and get me in. She came back on the phone a minute or two later and said that I had an appointment at 8:20 that night. My mom came and got me after leaving Del Valley graduation and took me to the after-hours clinic at Austin Regional Clinic Far West. I actually saw a good doctor, who said that it looked like I had a an early eye infection, and put me on an antibiotic eye drop called Vigamox, that is broad spectrum, and with my medical stuff being aggressive and nipping it in the bud is important. He wanted me to start the drops that night, and my grandfather was so kind do go and pick the prescription up at 9 o'clock at night.


I have slept late the past three days, and am on the mend as it takes me longer than most to get over something. I was running a fever on Friday, and spent yesterday resting in bed. I'm glad that I was able to see a good doctor and am recovering. I am so grateful that the Lord is helping me to heal, and that it was nothing more serious. Psalm 91:2 says, "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my god; in Him will I trust." This verse is one that I think of when I'm sick, and in other difficult circumstances. It reminds me that God is my strength, and to always trust and rely on Him no matter what. Remembering that helps me to get through difficult circumstances, and gives me peace.




Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment