Sunday, August 17, 2014

Girls Getaway To San Antonio

About 3 weeks ago, my best friend Emily and I when on a two night girls getaway to San Antonio, and stayed at the Riverwalk Marriott. We had an absolute blast, and it was a much needed getaway as I have had a rough summer. I left the day after being released from the hospital, where I spent two nights, and had a new PEG tube placed. I had told the doctor that I was leaving on Tuesday, and was determined to go, and he promised me I would be home by Monday and could go, though that Monday I got home at 5:30. We drove down in the van, so I could have my power chair, which was a godsend. We got to San Antonio, but with  two Marriott's on the Riverwalk it was confusing to find, but we enjoyed driving around. I hadn't ben to the Riverwalk since I was much younger, and don't even remember it. So it was nice to go while I can really enjoy and appreciate it.
      Our first night we there we explored the hotel, as we were on the concierge level, so they have a separate lounge area. We just lounged around, ordered screwdrivers and had some cheesecake that Emily brought and watched The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann. A nice night in. We love cheesecake because we both like The Golden Girls, and they eat cheesecake. I can't eat it much anymore, but occasionally when I'm with Emily. We woke up a bit late, and then went and walked around the Riverwalk and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and split a Mai Thai. We continued to explore the Riverwalk, and the weather was nice, but as the day wore in it got hotter. That afternoon we hung by the pool, and for the first time in a couple of years, which was awesome. We just sat by the pool under an umbrella and read are girlie magazines. We then went back down to the Riverwalk and went to a local Mexican Restaurant, which was fun. We then walked (I rolled) back up to the room, ordered dessert, screwdrivers, and had a nice night in. I was tired, so Emily took a run around the Riverwalk at night which she said was pretty, and did come back safely.
      The next day, we took our time and packed up, and checked out. We had past the San Marcos & Tanger Outlets on our way to San Antonio and decided we were going to stop on our way back. We had lunch at the Outback Steakhouse, which has really good Pina Colada's surprisingly. I got a Vera Bradley bag to carry all my formula and feeding supplies, Emily got some cute jeans, and I had gotten some gifts for my grandparents (a belated Mother's & Father's Day gift), some hand cream from Crabtree & Evelyn that my grandmother loves, some Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave that my grandfather loves. My mom's birthday was the day we left for SA, so I got her a pair of earrings done by a local glass artist.
      We had a BLAST on our trip, and are saying we want to make this a yearly thing. Were saying we want to go to Dallas and go to a country concert next summer. But who knows? After having a rough summer it was so nice to getaway for two nights with one of my best friends. What a great trip with a great friend.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment