Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

This was my first Thanksgiving with my feeding tube, and in addition to that, I was sick the day before, as I had a reaction to the steroid infusion that I received to help deal with all the symptoms that I have been experiencing due to not being on any treatment. I was a bit nervous about the fact that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving feast as I have in years past. I did get to have a few bites of mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie without the crust, and pecan pie filling without the pecans and the crust. It was a nice day, with my mom and grandparents. My grandmother had ordered a Thanksgiving dinner from Luby's, which we picked up that morning, and then headed over to my mom's place, and had a wonderful family oriented, low-key Thanksgiving. Despite all the stress that has been going on lately, I have so much to be thankful for. From Thanksgiving until right after new years, I try and remember all of the wonderful many blessing that I have given. Even though that I am dealing with a lot of things, that people my age, nor really anybody for that matter should be dealing with, I still have an abundance of things to be thankful for. Its important to remember no matter what is going on in your life, all. of the blessings that you have.
      Even though there are times when I feel that there are more things that are going wrong then going right, I still remember all of the amazing things that I have given. By reminding myself of all the blessings that I have and all that I  have to be grateful, helps me to know that I am so lucky and that everyday of my life is Thanksgiving.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta





No comments:

Post a Comment