Saturday, July 25, 2015

Girls Getaway

Last weekend one of my best girlfriends and I went away for three nights to Houston, and had a fabulous time. This was our second trip (last year we went to San Antonio), and we are planning on making this an annual thing. We stayed near the Johnson Space Center, so that we could easily get to things to do in Houston, as well as to be able to get to Galveston. The first day we were there we went to the Galleria, which was fun and spent the day walking around, doing some shopping, going to the Cheesecake Factory and just having fun, and drove around Rice University (where my friend's sister graduated college), and looked at some of the beautiful campus, and also the houses nearby. That evening we went to the Kemah Boardwalk, walked around and has dinner at the Kemah Aquarium which was so much fun. By the end of the night we were tired, but it was good. The next day we drove down to Galveston, and drove along the Seawall, and walked around historic downtown Galveston, and visited some fun little beach shops which was fun. We then went over to the Rainforest Café, where we did there River Adventure Ride, which is supposed to be like going through the Amazon River or a river in Africa, and then had lunch there. We went to the Rainforest Café in San Antonio last year, and decided to go there each year if there is one. We then went over to a little French bakery in Rice Village and met up with a friend of ours and had coffee and dessert which was fun. Then we just spent the evening back at the hotel and watched movies. We left on Monday, walked around the outlet mall outside of Houston for a bit, and then of course had to stop at Bucees on the way back home (we also stopped there on our way to Houston).
      We had an amazing time and it was so nice to get away for three nights, and to just be able to relax and have fun with an awesome friend. With everything I am going through right now, a little getaway was definitely needed. I am so  glad that I have a friend, that despite all the challenges I have, and the difficulty I have with being able to travel, that she is still willing and wanting to go away with me, and just to help me feel like a normal 22 year old. I am so blessed to have the close friends that I do, and going on this Girls Getaway is just another reminder of that. I think that its important for everyone, especially those with chronic illnesses, to getaway a bit at least once a year, if at all possible. It helps to be able to leave the stress that you have behind, and to just relax , recharge, and get refreshed. It was something that I definitely needed, and I think we all need.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment