Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Clots and Chemo

So yesterday I went for my second dose of chemo, of course it was so much fun sitting in a chair from 9:00 AM to about 4:00 PM and then coming home with a horrible headache and throwing up, and feeling as though I have a terrible case of the flu. Waking up today I didn't feel much better, except for the headache being gone, I'm still very nauseous and achy. I hate the fact that after every chemo I have to take a pump home full of fluids and a medication called Mesna that helps protect my bladder and kidneys from getting damaged by the chemo. We will hopefully know maybe by month 3 or after the third treatment whether or not the treatment is working. 


Now, the issue of what is going on with blood clot that is in the jugular vein in my neck and extends all the way to the brachial vein. Even after being on the anticoagulants for a little over a month the clot shows now signs of getting smaller. Because of what the latest imaging shows I had to go on two blood thinners at the same time, one being a shot and the other being a pill. I developed horrible bruises from the shots so my doctor took me off of them and increased the dosage of the blood thinner pill I am taking. Hopefully this will help the clot go down. The doctor says that busting the clot directly with clot busting medicine is to risky with my history, so that probably will not be done, but who knows. As for now I am just trying to take each day one day at a time and get through chemo and all the joys that comes with it. I know with my family and God, I can get through this.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment