Sunday, October 9, 2011

Side Effects

The first week after chemo was harder than what I had expected. I had deal with almost constant nausea and vomiting, and aching all over, feeling as though I had the flu. I've had to watch what I eat to making sure I don't eat anything that makes me sick. Luckily, I have medication that helps me get through and deal with the side effects. My hair started to come out, so I shaved it all off. It will be interesting to see if more will come out later. Im trying to just learn how to deal with feeling this way after chemo, because I will have to deal with it for the next 18 months. I know that I have many people supporting me through this process, and knowing that keeps me fighting. No matter how hard it is, how bad I feel, I'm never going to stop fighting and give up. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. Your courage and determination to be positive continue to inspire me. Have you found some anti-nausea meds that help? I'm sorry you had to shave your head :(...even if you've been through it before, it's always difficult to lose your hair. I bet you still look cute bald though!

    ReplyDelete