Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Chemo

Yesterday was my first dose of chemotherapy, I pretty much slept through it and left feeling pretty blah. I've had some nausea and vomiting these past two days, and the doctor said I would start feeling better around week 3, and hopedully sooner. They say my hair will start falling out 5 to 7 days afterwards, and my counts will start to drop 7 to 10 days sfterwards as well. I'll be going back in 4 weeks for my second dose of chemo, which I think will be done in Austin. Now that I know what to expect from chemo I'm not as nervous and scared about. I hope this treatment will reak some benefits, which we should start to see around month 3. I know that God and my family will help me get through these next 18 months.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. When can you come back home to Austin? May you be able to mean what you wrote - that now that you have had a dose (they are cumulative so it won't get easier) you will at least kind of know what to expect. Hope the medical staff is wonderful and your faith strong.

    ReplyDelete