Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Waiting Game Continues

This past Thursday I went to visit my Hem/Onc doctor in San Antonio. He told us that the plan is for me to have a sub-ablative Autologous Stem Cell Transplant. Sub-ablative means they won't completely wipe out my immune system they will only wipe it out like 98%. They have dot all their i's and cross their t's, so we will hopefully know in about a month whether or not we have the go ahead to begin the process. If they are able to do it, they will collect my stem cells, give me high doses of chemotherapy (not quite at the transplant dose) and then re infuse the stem cells back into me. In the meantime I have stopped my cytoxan and oral chemo and we will wait to hear from the doctors. Its hard to just sit hear and wait, but I know thats what I have to do. I will just need to be patient and leave it all in God's hands. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment