Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Today we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the perfect and most precious gift that we have and will ever received. I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday filled with family and tradition. I try to remember that today is about celebrating Christ's birth, not about presents (which are fun the receive and open). Yesterday on Christmas Eve we did are usual Christmas Eve traditions. My mom, grandparents, great great aunt and I went to the pick-up pageant at my church, which we have gone to every year since I can remember. I played Mary in the pageant when I was in 4th grade, which seems like ages ago. After church we went out for our traditional Christmas Eve Chinese food dinner. Afterwards mom and I dropped Auntie-Em off at home and drove around her neighborhood to look at some of the beautiful Christmas life, which my mom and I have an affinity for. We then went home and relaxed watching Ms. Congeniality on TV while I enjoyed a glass of egg nogg. I went to bed early and read the Christmas story told in the book of Luke and finished reading a coffee table book recommended by the Billy Graham Evangelical Association called Grandmas Christmas Legacy:The Testimony Of The Tree. It is a wonderful book that is both a children's book, as well as for adults (although it looks like a Children's book). The book compares the meaning and symbol of parts of the Christmas tree to the fruits of the spirit. I highly recommend it, and its a great book to read as a family. As of this writing, Christmas morning has been slow and lazy here at my mom's house. We had some Trader Joe's chocolate croissants and opened our stockings, a tradition that my mom and I do together. I got some wonderful make-up and gift cards to Sephora and Starbucks. My mom and I may go to a movie today, and this afternoon we will go to my great great Aunt Martha's house to open presents and have Christmas dinner with the family.

Christmas is truly a celebration and as I said in my previous post the biggest birthday, where we are the ones who receive the perfect gift. I have been telling myself that I am going to focus on the birth of Jesus, and I will do my best to remember what were celebrating when our family is opening gifts. With the roller coaster my family and I have been on, Christmas (and all holidays), family, and tradition have become so important to me. I cherish the tradition and memories of Christmases gone by, and look forward to Christmases to come. I am so blessed to be able to spend Christmas with the ones I love, and to treasure the precious gift of God's son. I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas, filled with love and blessings. May we all remember what we are truly celebrating on this glorious day. 

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment