Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Another year has arrived, and I am so thankful that I survived and made it through another year. This is the time when we make resolutions for the year, such as being healthier, going to church and reading the Bible more often, being more kind, doing more volunteer work, and many others. Some of them we keep and are successful at, and others we stop or get sidetracked from within just a few weeks or months. I have done the same thing, and it can be challenging when we don't end up following through on them. I think that is why this year I am not making any specific resolutions, but instead living my life in a way that honors and serves God. I thought to myself, that by living in a way that honors God, I am accomplishing some of my resolutions. Loving others, being kind, having a joyful heart and attitude, helping those in needs, and others, are all principles found in scripture.

 A new year symbolizes refreshment and rejuvenation, and this is the time that I like to refresh and renew my relationship with Christ. This gives me the opportunity to look at scripture, my faith, and God in a new and fresh way. This renewal of my relationship with God, and my faith, allows me to be able to turn to and trust Him even more. I am able to handle whatever is thrown at me, knowing that the Lord is with me, and helping me through the twists and turns. I know that this year my family and I will  continue to see God's blessings and provision. Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Ephesians 4:23 says, "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind." I love these two scripture verses because I think they are perfect for a new year. They remind us to be renewed in our spirit, and our mind, which I think is what a lot of us strive for each new year. I don't know what this year will bring (although its starting of rocky with me battling a sinus infection), but I know that I am approaching it with a renewed heart, spirit, and mind, and with the Lord by my side. I hope that this year brings each and everyone of you many blessings. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment