Saturday, March 14, 2015

Last Infusion

 Yesterday was my last Rituxan infusion, I had one every week for 4 weeks in a row. I haven't noticed yet if there are any improvements, but my doctor said it could take up to 6 months to know whether or not its working. After not being on any treatment, except doses of prednisone, I was very glad to be able to start a treatment protocol. I have not had any unpleasant side effects with these treatments like nausea, vomiting , or hair loss. I'm just really tired for a few days after the infusion, but I am used to dealing with fatigue on a daily a basis. Now that I have had my last infusion, my lymphocyte levels will drop which means that I will be more susceptible to infection. My doctors have been toying with idea of giving me this medication for the past couple of years, but because I am so vulnerable to infection, and have gotten such unusual ones, that they have not been wanting to give me the medication. But they have been running out of treatment options, so we decided to do this one, hoping that it will slow down the disease process.
 
Right now I am just trying to take things day by day. I have finished my first semester of my Earth Science class, and now I am ready to start my second semester. I am really enjoying the class, and it gives me something intellectually stimulating to do each day. I can ultimately say that if I didn't have my class to work on, that I would be bored out of my skull. There are some people who think that being home everyday is fun, but if you don't have anything to do like schoolwork, you will get bored in a few days. I am hoping that in the next few weeks that I will start to feel some improvement. In the mean time I will keep chugging along, and continue to trust in God, and have faith knowing that He is looking out for me, and everything is in His hands.
 
 
 
Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment