Sunday, November 13, 2011

Doctor's Visit

This past Thursday was my doctor's appointment in San Antonio with the Hem/Onc doctor. The appointment went well, the blood tests showed that the chemo is doing what its supposed to, because I am neutropenic, which means that my bone marrow is suppressed so I have to be extra careful of germs and getting sick, especially during cold and flu season. We also learned that I have something called Post-thrombotic Syndrome (PTS), its a condition where I have more pain in the are of the clot is, because of blood flow restriction due to the clot. The pain can last up to nine months, but thankfully the doctor prescribed me some medicine that should help with pain. I am also going to be continuing with my chemotherapy, and hope that I can have all the nausea and other unpleasant symptoms under control. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. Are you able to be home most of the time now? Can you get chemo at home or at least in Austin? Hope you had a special Thanksgiving in some way. Thinking of you lots and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete