Monday, July 2, 2012

Getting Away

A week ago yesterday we left to spent three nights in Port Aransas. My grandfather had a conference in Corpus Christi, so while he and my grandmother were there for the conference, my mother in I were relaxing in Port Aransas. Unfortunately, I was not able to actually go to the beach because we couldn't get my wheelchair there. But I was able to see it up close outside of my grandparents hotel in Corpus. Feeling the breeze, smelling the salty air was so peaceful and relaxing. The hotel we were at in Port Aransas has a wonderful pool, and I enjoyed relaxing in the sun by the pool drinking a virgin Pina Colada. And the seafood was delicious. I had shrimp everyday, sometimes even twice a day. Just a few days before we left, I had gotten the news about meeting with the BMT doctor in Houston, so the trip came at a perfect time. It was a place where we could get away from all the stress, and not worry about doctors appointments and treatments. When your sick and have a difficult time getting around, going on trips that aren't for medical purposes are a big treat. We all need a break every once in a while, whether we are sick or not. I enjoy getting time away to relax and just be "free". I thank GOd for the beautiful things that he he has created for our enjoyment. I know that life is meant to be enjoyed and we should enjoy it to the fullest. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment