Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

You would think that with all the difficulties and hardships that my family and I have endured this year, that it may be difficult for us to be thankful. But it is just the opposite, we have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful for my friends and family, for the support hey give me, and the fact that they are always there for me when I need them. They are truly a blessing to me. I am so fortunate to be able to have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, clothes on my back, shoes on my feet, and food to nourish my body. Sometimes I also can find blessings and be thankful for the things in the most unexpected situation. It may sound odd, but in some ways I am thankful for my illness. This illness has allowed me to grow not only as a person, but also in my faith and relationship to God. My illness has allowed me to meet friends who I consider family, and led me to my support group at Wonders & Worries, both of which I would be so lost without them. My illness has also allowed me to be a blessing to others. By that I mean if I were not ill I wouldn't have needed to receive infusions at Specially For Children, and see the need that they have for toys and there infusion suites, and in turn doing a toy drive through my church to collect toys and donate them. Its easy for us to see all the negative things that are going on in our lives, but its more difficult to see all we have to be thankful for and all the blessings that the Lord has given. But more importantly we must find a way to be a blessing to others, especially those who cannot repay us. As Luke 14:14 says, "And you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." It is also key for us to be thankful for all that God has given, and be a blessing to others all year around, not just around the holiday's. Throughout the day you can say, "God I am thankful for being able to see another day." Just simple things like that. As 2 Corinthians 9:11 says, "You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." What are you thankful for today? And how can you be a blessing to others and thankful to God, today and all year around. I hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!!!


Joyful Love
         & 
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment