Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday

Today is Palm Sunday, and this week is Holy Week. As we prepare remembering Jesus's crucifiction and celebration of his resurrection, I am reminded of an old saying that I recently read that says, "I had a debt I could not pay; He paid a debt He did not owe." This saying really resonates with me, on how Jesus paid for my sins at Calvary. As I listened to today's sermon, I am reminded of the pain and suffering that Jesus went through for me, so that my sins could be paid for. He died for me, and that makes me really feel how much He loves me. I am always reminded of God's love this time of year. As I think about the pain and suffering that I am going through right now with my illness, I think about all that Jesus went through. I love what John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Throughout the week, and on Easter Sunday, I will have this verse close to my heart. I hope that we can all remember what Jesus went through for us this week, and how his death and ressurection is a symbol of God's everlasting love for us.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment