Saturday, July 23, 2011

In The Chair

Well, since this blog is about my adventure throughout my illness and what's ahead to come their are many different challenges that I will be having while going through treatment. I chose the title Alex's roller coaster because my treatment journey is a true roller coaster, and today's adventure was getting into the roller coaster cart and buckling up.

Today I went to the hair salon and chopped off all my hair in preparation for my intensive chemo treatment. I did not pull a G.I. Jane and shave my head I just cut it extremely short. After cutting it it made the treatment that I am about to star, hopefully in the next few weeks, a lot more real. The doctors have all said with the chemo I'd lose my hair, so I thought why not cut it short to make it easier.
The treatment I'm undergoing will last for about 18 months, which is a bit nerve racking, but I can handle it. Getting into the the cart and buckling yourself in is the first step to riding the roller coaster, and that's exactly what I did by cutting all my hair off. It might be a while before I blog again, but I hope that this journey is one that will not only cure my disease, but help me grow both spiritually and physically. I will definitely continue to have posts about my journey through treatment for curing my autoimmune diseases.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings in The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see that you've started a blog as well! I will definitely be following it and hope that your blog is a positive outlet for you and way to connect you with others in the same way mine has been for me :). I admire you for chopping off your hair! I've chopped off my hair 3 times now in preparation for it falling out from chemo, and each time it's been really hard but has also helped me to prepare physically and emotionally for what's ahead. You have such a positive and strong attitude going into this; I know you'll pull through. Let me know if you ever need/want someone to talk to who can relate :).

    ReplyDelete