Monday, July 25, 2011

The Waiting Game

In addition to the already scheduled doctors and PT (physical therapy) appointments that I have scheduled this week, and am waiting to get over with, I am not desperately but anxiously waiting for my doctor in San Antonio to call and tell me when to head on down their to begin the treatment process. I know he wanted to start as soon as we could, and so do I, but at the same time I don't want to drive myself crazy over this. 


The waiting game is something everyone with a chronic illness knows all too well, whether its waiting for the results of a test or a specific appointment, or even a procedure. The waiting is the worst part. For me its horrible because I'm not on any "real" treatment except IVIG so I've been feeling miserable for a long time. I want to get started because I would rather feel bad from the treatment, knowing I am doing something to get better, than not really doing anything at all. 


Patience, however, is a very good virtue to have, and while waiting for things my patience is truly tested. I must not drive myself crazy thinking about when will I receive the news I want, but instead be patient and go about my life, as patiently as possible. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. patience is so very difficult...especially at your age with your whole life in front of you.....may your love of Christ coupled with your family and friends keep you knowing that this is the right journey....there is a reason....and you will continue to inspire the rest of us not to be impatient with life or others......xxxhugs

    ReplyDelete