Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Game Plan

Today, the doctor called with a new game plan. I have posted that the doctors told me I'd be going for 18 months of treatment, but apparently that has changed. I'm still gping to get the plasmapherisis and IVIG, but instead of 2 days of Cytoxan, followed by Cytoxan every 4 to 6 weeks for 18 months, there going to give me the highest doses of Cytoxan for 4 days. This will knock out my immune system completely. I will be given Neupogen shots to help regenerate my immune system. Hopefully when it comes back I'll be cured and have no signs of disease. This process will not take 18 months, and will only require one large round of chemotherapy. I will post updates when I can about whats going on, and maybe soon I'll be cured.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. You have a great team of doctors, a loving family, a strong faith and now a shortened treatment!!! May this be exactly what your body needs. Keep believing:)

    ReplyDelete