Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

Today is Valentines Day. I have mixed feelings about this particular day. In some ways, I love it because it reminds us to tell and show those in our lives how much we love and appreciate them. In other ways, it has become so commercialized in which we are bombarded with advertisements for candy, flowers, stuffed bears, restaurant specials, and greeting cards. It can make those who don't have a significant other feel lonely. But I like to get to the root of what the day is about, love. I have a lot of love in my life, from my family and friends. And though I don't have a boyfriend, I don't feel like my love tank is empty, for me it is overflowing. And frankly, with all that I have going on in my life right now, I don't have time for a boyfriend. I constantly feel loved and appreciated, but for me I enjoy sharing my love with those around me. 

I love what scripture says about love, particularly 1 Corinthians 13:4-8: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight on evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I read this verse everyday, and I try to remember that this is the way we should treat our loved ones. As I was reading this verse this morning, I thought about how this is really what the true meaning of Valentines Day is. Its not about the candy, the teddy bears, and the fancy dinners (though they are very nice). We should try and remember to treat our loved ones like its Valentines Day every day, Although you don't have to by them flowers and candy unless you really want to. So show and tell how much you love your friends and family, not just today but everyday. I guarantee you, your love tank will be overflowing. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment