Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Trees, Gingerbread Houses & The Birth Of Jesus

This week has been filled with some Christmas fun. On Wednesday, my grandparents and I went over to Red Barn Garden Center to pick out a Christmas tree to put up at my great great Aunt Martha's house. It didn't take us very long to find the perfect tree. I think the second tree that I saw was the one we picked. It was extremely fun, because I was actually able to be apart of the process. The past few years just my grandfather and Aunt Martha went, but I actually got to go this year. Then today, my mom and I attempted to make a gingerbread house. It started out looking like a kindergartener's art project, then the whole thing collapsed. My mom and I couldn't stop laughing. Despite not being able to have a finished product we had fun anyway. We may attempt to do another one next year, but with a different kit. We were definitely not going to make one from scratch. That is one of the things that I love about the holiday and Christmas season, the fun memories that our made. The gingerbread house fiasco is definitely a fun memory that I will always have. 

The other reason why I truly love the Christmas season, is because we are celebrating the birth of Christ. Jesus is the best gift that I and anyone else can receive. God sent his only son to do such wonderful things, and then had him die on the cross for our sins. Of course I like getting presents, decorating the tree, and drinking egg nogg, but I like celebrating the birth of Jesus more. For me Christmas is a big birthday party, and that is how I like to think of it. When we exchange gifts on Christmas morning, I like to remember how the wiseman brought gifts to baby Jesus. As I have gotten older, I have started to really understand the true meaning and spirit of Christmas. Its not just about the presents like it was when I was little. I am so excited for the Christmas season. I hope that we can all remember what we are truly celebrating this Christmas.

As Matthew 2:11 says, "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh."



Joyful Love
         & 
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment