Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas, I know I did. The day began with mom and me waking up and opening are stockings. I got some new earbuds, and eucalyptus stress relief bath gel, which I could really use, and mom got some goodies as well. We then enjoyed raspberry turnovers (which was something we used to have at my grandparents when it was cold outside, it brought back fond childhood memories) and coffee. Then we spent the morning relaxing and hanging out. The two of us then went to see Anna Karenina, which was a good movie. We tend to go to movies Thanksgiving and Christmas day while my great great Aunt Martha and/or my grandmother are cooking dinner. After the movie, we met my grandparents at my great great Aunt Martha's house, to open gifts and have Christmas dinner. I got an iPhone 5, new slippers, bath stuff, a wonderful scarf and hat, and both my mom and I got Keurig K-cup coffee makers. We then enjoyed a wonderful dinner of standing rib roast, potatoes, green bean casserole, cheese and onions, and cranberry relish. For dessert we had a wonderful ginger pudding with coffee. My Aunt Martha is a wonderful cook, and it was nice just the five of us, enjoying conversation, laughing, and just being together. Are family may be small, but we truly have a wonderful family. Although I did enjoy getting gifts, I would of been happy just being with my family, because they along with Jesus Christ, are the most precious gifts that I could ever receive. I am so blessed to have the family that I do, not just the one that I spent Christmas with, but all my aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, and my half brother and sister. While I was with my family and opening gifts I thought of all the blessings given to me and my family, which are really gifts from God. Thats how I see blessings, as gifts from God. 1 Corinthians 12:4 says, "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them." I find that scripture so very true. I hope that every day, just like on Christmas that we can all think about the gifts that the Spirit has distributed to us. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta 

No comments:

Post a Comment