Thursday, December 6, 2012

Season Of Giving

This Advent and Christmas season always inspires and encourages me to give back more. Though we should give back when we can no matter what time of year it is, I think most of us can agree that the holiday season reminds us to do it even more. You see the people ringing their bells for the Salvation Army, the Austin American has its Season's For Caring, and many other organizations run advertising for donations. I feel that I have been given so much and the Lord has blessed me more than I can imagine, that I want to give back in any way that I can. Its hard when you are sick, and money is tight, to find a way to give back, but it is possible. One of my favorite things to encourage others to give back is something that Macy's does for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Each year they have something where you can "write a letter to Santa" and drop it off in a mailbox in Macy's and they will give a dollar to the foundation. This is a great thing to do if you have young children, grandchildren, cousins, nieces and nephews, or if you are a kid at heart. As Romans 12:8 says, "If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully." Scripture talks a lot about giving, this verse along with Matthew 6:4 which says, "So that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." I encourage you all this holiday season, and all year around, to give back to a cause close to your heart. I know for some finances are tight, but even 5 or 10 dollars can make a difference. Some of the organizations close to me are: The Make-A-Wish Foundation, The Myositis Association, The Arthritis Foundation, and the Spondylitis Association. I hope this holiday season allows you to get bitten by the "giving bug" And as scripture says, we will be rewarded for our good deeds.


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment