Monday, December 3, 2012

Busy Week

This week is going to be a bit hectic and stressful for my family. My grandfather is scheduled for surgery on Thursday, and is expected to be in the hospital for about 4 to 5 days. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this week. Of course I also have chemo this Friday, but a sweet friend of the family has agreed to drop me off and pick me up from chemo. It is such a blessing to have so many kind and generous people in our lives. In times of sickness you can really tell who your friends are. I am so thankful that I have a group of wonderful friends who are always there for me. I know that this week will be stressful for my grandmother, but I know that she has the strength to get through it, and so does my grandfather. Some people may say that it is so unfair that are family has to go through all of these difficulties. But who said life was fair right? As James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of any kind because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything." I have to trust that God knows what he is doing for me and my family, but that is not an easy thing to do. It is a true testing of my faith. I know that as long as I give my worries and anxiety to the Lord, I will be at peace. And peace is the one thing that I want to achieve right now (besides getting better). Thank you all for your prayers and support, they mean more than you will ever know. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment