Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year's Resolution/Goals

Its a few days into the new year, and most of us have probably started working on our new year's resolutions and goals. One of my biggest resolutions this year is to really work on developing a closer relationship with God, reading scripture and praying daily, and doing things that please and honor him. I began to realize that by doing that almost all of my other resolutions/goals will be covered. For example being healthier, scripture says to treat your body as though it were a temple and nourishing it with good and healthy foods. Being kind and loving others is mentioned several times in scripture. Galatians 5:22-23 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control."  This verse encompasses everything that I want to accomplish this year. Knowing that the goals I want to accomplish will also be pleasing to God, gives me such peace, and thinking about it in a scriptural way makes me want to accomplish them even more. I know that it is not going to be an easy task, but like everything else, if I work hard at it, and rely on strength from the Lord I can accomplish it. A new year has begun and I am so excited, I feel as though anything is possible, as long as I believe and have faith. I know that it will happen when it happens. God has wonderful plans for each and every one of us, and wants us to have a blessed and successful life. I pray that each one of you will accomplish all of your goals and resolutions this new year. I know that this year will be the best one yet. 


Joyful Love 
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so inspired by your determination to be close to God and keep growing and having faith, even with all the challenges you're facing. It's so easy to give up and stop caring or trying to grow when things are difficult, but you're doing the opposite :). Thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete