Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Surgery Tomorrow

Well the time has come for my hysterectomy. It is scheduled for tomorrow the 17th at 8:00 AM, which means I have to be at the hospital by 6:00. I have been prepared for it since we scheduled it back in December, but it didn't become real until Monday after all of the pre-op stuff. After talking with the doctor for the second time, I had peace that I have made the right decision. When people hear that I am having a hysterectomy they are a bit surprised since its not a common procedure among 19 year olds unless they have cancer (which thankfully I don't have. I know that this is all part of God's plan, and that maybe this is way of saving me or a child from having complications from a pregnancy or birth. Like I said previously, this decision wasn't as hard as hearing from the fertility doctor that I could never have biological children. My main worry is that sometime down the road when I find a man that I want to marry, that when he finds out I can't get pregnant, that he won't want to be with me. But when I heard from a friend that her niece had one at 17, and is now married to a wonderful man, it gave me confidence in knowing that God will lead me to the right man. I am trying to just go about my day as usual and not get nervous, because there is really no point in it. I actually worry more about my mom, then I am about myself. 

Isaiah 41:10 says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." This piece of scripture really spoke to me in preparation for my surgery, and regarding life in general. It gives me comfort to know that no matter what, God is always with me, and that he will give me strength to endure anything that comes my way. As I prepare for this big event, I know that no matter what happens, God will be right there with me, he will be guiding the doctors, and providing comfort to my family. Assuming all goes well, I will only be in the hospital one night, and be coming home Friday. I hope that know matter what happens in life for anyone of us, that we all have peace in knowing that God is along for the ride. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I will try and blog when I get home, to let you know how everything went, and how my recovery is going. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment