Tuesday, January 29, 2013

20 Years Old

Yesterday was my 20th birthday. I can't believe that I am 20 years old, I always imagined what it would be like to be this age, and now I am. Time sure does fly. I had a wonderful birthday weekend. It started off with my mother taking me to dinner just the two of us at Iron Cactus on Friday (which was a nice to do after chemo), then lunch at La Madeleine on Saturday followed by shopping for makeup at Sephora and Ulta. On Sunday we had church, and then a delicious brunch at Chez Zee with my mom, grandparents, great great Aunt Martha, and my cousin Georgina. My actual birthday was pretty low key, I had coffee with my grandfather just the two of us in the afternoon, and then Aunt Martha made a delicious dinner of her homemade meatloaf and macaroni and cheese. Georgina made a delicious flan, but both she and my grandmother weren't feeling very well, so it was just me, my mom, my grandfather and Aunt Martha. 

I have been reflecting on my life so far, and it has truly been a roller coaster, but wonderful none the less. I never imagined that my life would be where it is right now, but that's what makes life interesting, the surprises along he way. I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I do, and I love my life (but I don't love being sick). The things that have happened in my life have helped to make me the person that I am. No one but God knows what life holds for us, but I know that he has blessings and good things in all of our futures. I am so happy to be hear, and I plan to be around for a long time. There were times that I didn't know if I would make it to 20, but I'm hear. No matter what happens, I have loved my life, and I can't wait for more birthday's. I loved remembering birthday's of years gone by, and all of the wonderful memories of my childhood, and I can't wait to make even more memories. I plan on living life to the fullest. John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." I find that this verse really applies to my situation. My disease is the thief, and it has come to steal and destroy my life and I am not going to let it. I am going to have life and live it to the full. I hope that we can all live life to the fullest. 


Joyful Love
          &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment