Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brain Fog

Living with multiple autoimmune diseases and taking so many medications can take a big toll on ones memory. I find that having low energy and a ton of fatigue, makes remembering to do things sometimes impossible. I find myself forgetting where I put something like a pair of shoes, or my sunglasses. The brain fog is absolutely miserable. I'll walk into a room and forget why I'm there. Or I forget what I'm going to say, which sometimes makes me feel like an idiot. I know saying, "I forgot," all the time to my family can get pretty annoying, as they wonder did she really forget, or was she just being careless? For me to help get through this unfortunate side effect of the diseases and medications, I found solutions that can help. I try to put things in the same place so I'll always remember where they are, when i'm trying to study I'll only do 30 minutes at a time and then take a break so I don't get overly fatigued. Its hard dealing with the brain fog aspects of my disease, but I just learn to cope as best I can, and try to have as much patience as possible. By the grace of God, I hope to get through it smoothly. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. Think of it as a great excuse to be a dizzy blonde! When you get through all this it wont' matter at all. For now try to laugh at yourself. I know it is hard. Meanwhile do you have an update as to the doctor's plans for next steps? Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete