Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hope That I'm Going Home Tomorrow. Good News or Bad News?

I found out form the doctor today that there is a more than likely chance that i will be allowed to go home tomorrow. For me, this is mixed news, because in one way I am happy to be going home after being here in the hospital for a little over a week, but the bad news is, I am being discharged without receiving my chemotherapy. Chemotherapy will be in at least 3 to 4 weeks, and I have to come down again before chemo to have a surgery to put my third port in. I know right now that both my faith and patience are being tested, but God has a reason for this. Its easier said than done to say not to think about the waiting process, but the saying is completely true. Hope, God, and Faith is what gets me through the day, and with those three things I know I can do and get through anything. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord 
Alexandra K. Acosta

1 comment:

  1. They obviously are doing a thorough job in getting your body really ready for all this....and you have to be thankful for that...what kind of restrictions will you have once home and waiting to go back for chemo? Becky's Dad (who she is very close to) was in an awful motorcycle accident on his way to work yesterday (in CA) so he is now in ICU where she is/was (Stanford).....though he is going to make it. Becky came to see him when she was getting IVIG. That poor family.....Patience is the key. There is nothing you can do but either be smiley and deal with it or be miserable....I know which you will choose!

    ReplyDelete