Thursday, August 25, 2011

Update

This past Wednesday I had two doctors appointments, one with my rheumatologist and one with a surgeon. My rheumatologist appointment went OK. The doctor said that he agreed that the new HiCy treatment was the best approach. He feared with how bad my conditions are, that the 18 months of chemotherapy wouldn't work. Unfortunately I had no improvement with the plasmapheresis, 3 days of IVIG, and 3 days of high dose steroids. I also need to have a swallowing study done as I have some difficulty swallowing at times. The surgeons appointment went well, and I am having my new portocath placed this coming Monday. Right now we're just trying to get everything scheduled, from when I start chemo in San Antonio, to setting up a Hematologist/Oncologist here in Austin. I'm tired of waiting for things to get started, but I just need to have patience and it will all fall into place. 


Joyful Love
         &
Blessings In The Lord
Alexandra K. Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment